Description Heading 2 description
LOCATIONS: This position can be in Vernon, CA; Ontario CA, Salt Lake, UT
Don't miss out on this amazing opportunity to be the next Regional Project Engineer!
Reporting to the Director of Engineering, the Regional Engineer will be responsible for the growth and maintenance of engineering projects for facilities in the east/mid-west North American region in support of the business unit’s strategic plan. The focus will be on the Ethylene Oxide (EO) sterilization plants. Routine support of approximately 4 EO plants will be required on an as-need project basis inclusive of 1 Canadian plant.
This position provides a unique opportunity to directly execute and project manage Capex growth or maintenance-type projects or support other assigned project managers in their remote coordination of activities. With Total productive maintenance as a strategic priority, a strong interest and involvement with plant engineering maintenance initiatives and projects will be key.
Development, tracking, and communication of project scope, schedule, and budget will be essential with safety and quality being central tenets of all efforts. A solid engineering education with mechanical and electrical experience will be a fundamental requirement. Familiarity with Building and NFPA codes is considered highly beneficial as is a business insight. Experience and general knowledge of control system architecture, functionality, and operations are considered desirable.
The Regional Project Engineer will be expected to autonomously execute responsibilities with course directions set by the Director of Engineering. The Regional Engineer will liaise routinely with Operations, Maintenance, Quality, EHS, OpEx, Purchasing, Legal, and Finance as required throughout the project life cycle to ensure stakeholder alignment.
Active travel to facilities within the geographical area will be necessary.
Duties and Responsibilities
Expand Capacity to Support Growth
- Support, develop, coordinate, report, and manage scope, schedule, and budget development on Strategic plan projects/initiatives at East/Midwest North American EO plants.
- Utilize structured reporting and project management methodologies.
- Advise on addressing/resolving technical challenges.
- Provide routine communication to the Senior Executive Team on KPIs.
Maximize Investment Returns
- Total Productive Maintenance (TPM)
- Assist OpEx and Maintenance teams in defining specific requirements for TPM program.
- Execute on/support initiatives and projects associated with TPM program.
- Administrative / Exemplary
- Ensure all engineering and contractor activities are executed in consideration and compliance with applicable company EH&S standards.
- Strong interpersonal skills – ability to facilitate and resolve challenges/priorities amongst vested stakeholders.
- Ability to operate in a matrixed organization without direct report management responsibilities.
- Confident/Positive demeanor.
- Exemplify company core values of Safety, Customer Focus, People, Integrity, Excellence.
- Serve as an Engineering Ambassador.
- Ensure all projects are executed using the defined Engineering Change Management methodology.
- Strong technical writing skills to develop applicable test documentation to support projects; for example, Installation/Operational Qualifications; Test Plans; Preventive Maintenance procedures; Specifications: Functional, User Requirements, and Software Design.
- Ability to develop calculations in support of project design or equipment needs, and/or challenge 3rd party technical designs
- Ontario, Canada; New York; North Carolina; Georgia; Texas; New Mexico.
Education, Experience, and Skills Required
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering degree. Mechanical engineering degree with Electrical experience preferred.
- 10+ years of engineering experience, with proven autonomous technical and project management responsibilities.
- Comfort in executing responsibilities within a highly matrixed organization.
- Robust project Management skills – traditional scope, schedule, and budget focus tracking against KPIs
- Proven record of supporting field activities.
- Total Productive Maintenance knowledge
- Specific desired areas of knowledge include:
- Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS)
- Mechanical systems – equipment design, emission control systems, HVAC, fluid flow, boilers, chillers, conveyance systems
- Electrical Controls
- Understanding of Programmable Logic Controllers and their operation
- Record of hands-on experience
- Regulatory environment knowledge - FDA
- Operational Excellence experience: Lean Six Sigma, 5S, etc.
- Solid communication skills – written, verbal, and presentation
- Disciplined/structured approach
- Building/NFPA Codes
- Management of Change
- Professional Engineering degree a plus
- Experience in executing projects in an FDA-regulated environment.
- CAD skills a plus
- Knowledge of Spanish advantageous
- Solid business acumen.
- Must recognize and be willing to travel up to 60% within geographical regions.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or protected veteran status. Our client, U.S. LLC takes affirmative action in support of its policy to employ and advance in employment individuals who are minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
- VEVRAA Federal Contractor
LOCATIONS: This position can be in Vernon, CA; Ontario CA, Salt Lake, UT Don’t miss out on this amazing opportunity to be the next Regional Project Engineer! Reporting to the...
Here is an amazing opportunity to be the next Plant Engineer for our client located in Columbia City.
Reporting to the Director of E-Beam Engineering, this Fort Wayne / Columbia City-based position will provide new and varied experiences working on the two electron beam accelerators located in Columbia City. Electron beam irradiators have diverse technologies including conveyors, radio frequency, vacuum, and high voltage systems. The Plant Engineer will support site local maintenance and operations teams, and lead the site Maintenance and reliability initiatives and Engineering projects all as an extension of the Global Engineering Team. The position will interact at the site level while collaborating with regional and global levels.
Site Level Support: Engineering and Maintenance Activities
- Identify and correct any unsafe work conditions or practices.
- Support timely CAPEX project design, installation, commissioning, and maintenance as a key deliverable.
- Ensure safety and compliance requirements and expectations are met for facility and equipment.
- Provide guidance to maintenance and contractors regarding safe practices and procedures.
- Support local Maintenance staff technical training requirements.
- Working with local Maintenance staff, establish and ensure compliance with proper preventative maintenance and operating procedures.
- Evaluate and monitor status of critical facility equipment (e.g., electron beam accelerator, conveyor and support equipment); provide recommendations for corrective/preventative actions using CMMS (EAM), QMS, Power BI, and other statistical analysis tools.
- Provide troubleshooting assistance for critical plant equipment.
- Ensure optimal uptime of equipment and enhanced utilization through equipment reliability to ensure customer needs are met.
- Plan and coordinate planned supplier maintenance / Engineering shutdowns.
- Participate in relevant internal and external audits and assessments.
Site Level Engineering: Subject Matter Expert (SME)
- Support and drive Global Engineering and Environmental Health and Safety projects, improvements, and initiatives.
- Implement Maintenance and Reliability (M&R) House of Reliability steps.
- Identify, classify, and establish robust programs to ensure critical assets are well maintained using the M&R House of Reliability model.
- Properly review, document, and test equipment changes through Engineering Change Control procedures (CR).
- Directly support key local capital projects as site SME.
- Collaborate with Global Engineering SMEs and Project Managers at the regional and operational level.
Member of the Relevant Community of Practice (CoP)
- Ensures connectivity and proper implementation of relevant Global Engineering mid to long-term strategies.
- Represent Global Engineering, drive continuous improvement, and support technical training of site staff.
- Improve overall knowledge and expertise on facility, equipment, and systems to ensure overall business progression and success.
- Assist with special projects as directed by the Global Engineering team.
- Maintain 24-hour on-call status.
- Electrical Engineering degree required with a minimum 5 years’ experience.
- Experience working in a process environment with in-depth, hands-on involvement.
- Proficient using Oscilloscopes and network analyzers.
- Experience in preventative and predictive maintenance programs.
- Demonstrated skills in using computer systems and software such as Microsoft Office Suite, reliability analysis software, and computerized maintenance management systems (CMMS).
- Ability to perform mathematical calculations as well as complex data analysis.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to develop scope, schedule, budget and appropriately manage priorities.
- Experience in a regulated industry a strong plus.
- Engineering ambassador.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or protected veteran status. Our client is a U.S. LLC that takes affirmative action in support of its policy to employ and advance in employment individuals who are minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Here is an amazing opportunity to be the next Plant Engineer for our client located in Columbia City. Reporting to the Director of E-Beam Engineering, this Fort Wayne / Columbia...